We have a range of schools types and school districts here in DFW. Some cities are set up with more schools for smaller classroom sizes while other cities have fewer schools with a larger student population. Along with private, charter, and Montessori schools in the area, North Texas is home to some of the best schools in the nation!
1. Carroll ISD - Southlake, TX (A+ rating)
2. Highland Park ISD - Dallas, TX (A+ rating)
3. Lovejoy ISD - Fairview, TX (A+ rating)
4. Coppell ISD - Coppell, TX (A+ rating)
5. Frisco ISD - Frisco, TX (A+ rating)
6. Colleyville-Grapevine ISD - Colleyville, TX (A+ rating)
7. Allen ISD - Allen, TX (A+ rating)
8. Plano ISD - Plano, TX (A+ rating)
9. Argyle ISD - Argyle, TX (A+ rating)
10. Prosper ISD - Prosper, TX (A+ rating)
12. Wylie ISD - Wylie, TX (A+ rating)
13. Lewisville ISD - Lewisville TX (A rating)
14. McKinney ISD - McKinney, TX (A rating)
23. Melissa ISD - Melissa, TX (A- rating)
Information provided from www.niche.com website in 2021
Highest Rated School Districts in DFW Metroplex
North Texas Schools
Average Private School Tuition
The average private school tuition is $9,911 for elementary schools and $17,513 for high schools
Top Rated Schools
7 of the top 10 highest rated schools in the state are in North Texas
Collin County, TX
Ranked #1 for best overall school district performance in the entire state of TX
Fast School Facts
Unlike California whose high schools are ranked in numerical order with Division 1 being the largest, Texas high schools are ranked in reverse with 6A being the largest high schools in the state.
The majority of schools in the DFW Metroplex are 5A and 6A in size.
7 of the top 10 school districts in the entire state are located in North Texas including Southlake Carroll, Highland Park, Lovejoy-Fairview, Coppell, Frisco, Grapevine-Colleyville, & Allen ISD according to Niche.com
Some houses will feed into another nearby city's school district. Make sure you confirm what schools are associated with the houses you are looking to live in.
Top 10 School Districts in Collin County
1. Lovejoy ISD -Fairview, TX (A+ rating)
2. Frisco ISD - Frisco, TX (A+ rating)
3. Allen ISD - Allen, TX (A+ rating)
4. Plano ISD - Plano, TX (A+ rating)
5. Prosper ISD - Prosper, TX (A+ rating)
6. Wylie ISD - Wylie, TX (A+ rating)
7. McKinney ISD - McKinney, TX (A rating)
8. Melissa ISD - Melissa, TX (A- rating)
9. Celina ISD - Celina, TX (A- rating)
10. Princeton ISD - Princeton, TX (B+ rating)
Information from www.niche.com website in 2021
Interesting School Facts
Incredible Facilities: Unlike most other states, the high school buildings and sports facilities are incredible! Yes we do have higher property taxes, but the money does go to good use and is invested back into the community.
Largest High Schools: Allen High school in Allen, TX is the largest high school in the state with almost 7,000 students. Plano West, Plano East, & Plano High Schools come in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th with 5,000+ students at each school.
High School Football: The Texas 6A Division I state championship game in 2020 drew nearly 48,000 fans at AT&T stadium
Colleges: There are 100 public colleges and universities in the state of Texas
Collin County: 5 of the top 10 school districts in Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex are in Collin County, TX including
Lovejoy-Fairview, Frisco, Allen, Plano, & Prosper ISD according to Niche.com
Any more questions about what it's like here in DFW?
Feel free to reach out anytime!
The Real Estate Project
D Magazine's Top Producing Agents 2016-2023. "Seeking the peace and prosperity of our local communities" The Real Estate Project is an organic residential real estate brokerage created to raise capital and awareness for local non-profit organizations and charities. Our philanthropic business model is designed to leverage the real estate industry for charitable contributions, allowing us to be invested in the peace and prosperity of the local people. To be in the position to serve our communities, we know we must first serve our clients. Therefore, we strive to offer the best experience when helping families with their real estate needs. We know the pressures that come with buying and selling a house and we want to guide you through the process from start to finish as we already have with hundreds of buyers and sellers in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex!